Ukrainian Canadian Congress Alberta Provincial Council
Конґрес Українців Канади Провінційна Рада Альберти
Suite # 8, 8103 - 127 Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T5C 1R9, Canada
M-F 9:30 - 16:00 | 780.414.1624 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.uccab.ca | facebook
electronic bulletin || електронний бюлетень
4,500 subscribers and growing....
* Networking is essential for any not-for-profit organization to grow, develop and keep healthy. UCC-APC initiates communication links to better support its member organizations and the larger community. You are receiving this e-Bulletin as we reach out to our Ukrainian Community of which we believe you are a member and / or supporter. If you decide to unsubscribe, email to: uccab@shaw or click: SafeUnsubcribe link at the bottom of the page.
NOMINATE OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS!
NOMINATIONS are OPEN in youth, adult, senior and posthumous categories!
All previous UCC-APC Hetman Award recipients and the nomination form available at from UCC-APC (#8, 8103 - 127 Avenue, Edmonton) office or on-line
In 1998, the UCC-Alberta Provincial Council
initiated an Annual Hetman Awards to acknowledge significant volunteer achievements of outstanding Ukrainian Albertans. The Annual Hetman Awards are dedicated to the celebration of all volunteers who have chosen to give their time, effort and expertise in order to keep our Ukrainian Canadian community in Alberta strong, vibrant and active. The UCC-APC welcomes nominations from any organization or group of individuals in Alberta. The Hetman Award selection committee is comprised of former Hetman Award recipients.
All award recipients will be publicly honoured at the
Annual Hetman Awards Banquet & Gala,
Sunday, October 14, 2012 Ukrainian Youth Complex, 9615 - 153 Avenue, Edmonton.
|THANK YOU TO|
OUR DONORS !
|WAYS TO DONATE|
MAIL YOUR CHEQUE PAYABLE to the UCC APC:
# 8, 8103 - 127 Ave, Edmonton, AB T5C 1R9
DONATE BY PHONE:
call 780.414.1624 using your VISA or MASTERCARD
UNITED WAY CAMPAIGN: If you participate in your employer's annual United Way campaign, choose to designate the UCC - APC as the recipient of your charitable contributions.
- AB Council for Ukrainian Arts
- AB Ukrainian Dance Association
- AB Ukrainian Self-Reliance League
- Bishop Budka Charitable Society
- Canada Ukraine Agricultural Society
- Canada Ukraine Chamber of Commerce - AB
- Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society
- Ukrainian Canadian Archives and Museum of AB
- Ukrainian Canadian Social Services
- Ukrainian Catholic Brotherhood of Canada
- Ukrainian Catholic Women's League of Canada
- Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre at Grant MacEwan Univ.
- Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada - AB
- Ukrainian Student Society at the University of Alberta
- Ukrainian Canadian Congress National Youth Advisory Council
|Ukrainian Canadian Congress|
Alberta Provincial Council
Suite 8, 8103 - 127 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta
T5C 1R9, Canada
Executive & Staff:
President: Daria Luciw
Vice-President: Ihor Kruk
Secretary: Carla Kozak
Call or e-mail us
| UCC-APC -|
|ALBERTA-UKRAINE GENEALOGY PROJECT|
ADVERTISE WITH US!
The bi-weekly e-Bulletin is circulated by the registered not-for-profit organization Ukrainian Canadian Congress - Alberta Provincial Council (UCC-APC).
This is the only electronic publication, which contains free of charge and up to date community events calendar, announcements, news, job postings and much more information for and from our vibrant Alberta Ukrainian community!
Prices for paid ads, event posters, announcements are the lowest in the province and the country - only $30 per issue - reaching over 4,000 active contacts!
The nominal fees allow us only partly cover admin costs. Without your financial support this and other community projects would not be possible. Thank you!
$30 per issue
($25 - for members)
$100 per month
(free for members)
e-Bulletin & website BUNDLE
your ad in two issues of the e-Bulletin and one month on the website: $130
$500 - inserts
$395 - full page
$265 - half page
$145 - quarter page
$75 - business card
2012 Ukrainian Day
$695 - full page
$465 - half page
$285 - quarter page
$165 - business card
On-line Community Events Calendar: FREE!
to advertise | sponsor:
| UKRAINIAN MEDIA|
- Kontakt TV
- Echoes of Ukraine
- 101.7 World FM Ukrainian Program (R.Brytan)
- 790 CFCW Ukrainian "Zabava" Program (S.Chwok)
- "Sounds" Ukrainian Program
- Ukrainian News (M.Levytsky)
| UCC NATIONAL NEWS|
RSS news form UCC National available at
Apr 16, May 1, 15
|(c) All rights reserved. Ukrainian Canadian Congress - Alberta Provincial Council, 2012||
|ХРИСТОС ВОСКРЕС! CHRIST IS RISEN! |
ALBERTA UKRAINIAN COMMUNITY EVENTS CALENDAR
The on-line community events calendar maintained by the UCC-APC* is free of charge. We encourage community members to post their events with contact information directly to the Calendar (www.uccab.ca) two-three months in advance in order to prevent double-bookings and to increase attendance. Thank you! Events from the on-line calendar distributed bi-weekly via the UCC-APC e-Bulletin and quarterly Newsletter.
Questions? 780.414.1624, email@example.com.
*UCC-APC does not necessarily endorse any of the activities advertised.
3 - CIUS seminars; book launch "Ukrainians in Argentina, 1897-1950: The Making of a Community" by Dr. Serge Cipko, Edmonton
17 - CIUS seminars; lecture "Border Studies and Ukrainian History" presented by Volodymyr Krawchenko, Edmonton
20 - Verkhovyna Dance School Pyrohy Supper
20 - 3rd Annual Zabava. A celebration of Ukrainian Adult dance groups cabaret, Ardrossan
21 - Vesna Zabava and Cabaret at the Edmonton Expo Center, hosted by CFCW's Steven Chwok
25 - ACUA workshop "Graphic Arts - Black and White", Edmonton
30 - Spring session course at the University of Alberta "Ukrainian 327: Early Ukrainian Canadian Culture"
1-4 - Spring session course at the U of A "Ukrainian 327: Early Ukrainian Canadian Culture"
3 - ACUA workshop "Bukovynian Landscape", Edmonton
5 - 100th Anniversary of Plast Banquet, Edmonton
5 - ACUA workshop "Hand Woven Greeting Card", Edmonton
6 - Young Performers' Showcase Ukrainian Music presented by the UMSA, Edmonton
8-11 - Spring session course at the U of A "Ukrainian 327: Early Ukrainian Canadian Culture"
12 - Volya Ukrainian Dance Ensemble Fifth Annual Spring Gala - Vesna, Edmonton
13 - Vohon Ukrainian Dance Society Pyrohy Supper, Edmonton
21 - Celebration of Dance, Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
30 - Bishop David's Prayer Breakfast, Edmonton
2-3 - Calgary Ukrainian Festival, Acadia Recreation Complex, Calgary
1 - Canada Day Celebration at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
26 - Friends' Ukrainian Music Fest, Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
26 - 21st Anniversary of Ukraine's Independence. Celebration in Edmonton
9 - Harvest of the Past & Taste of Heritage Food Fest, Ukrainian Village
28 - Ukrainian Music Society of Alberta 40th Anniversary Concert, Edmonton
* UCC-Calgary Branch Events Calendar - here
PLAST 100th ANNIVERSARY BANQUET - EDMONTON, MAY 5
For the printable banquet ticket order form and additional information, please visit: www.plastedmonton.org
Presentation Delivered in English, Spoken Ukrainian and Ukrainian Sign Language by Teachers from the Lviv School of the Deaf
| Ukrainian Women's Association of Canada - Alberta Branch
Ukrainian Foundation for College Education
Ukrainian Resource and Development Centre - Grant MacEwan University
Canada Ukraine Alliance for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons
Invitation to Attend a Presentation Delivered
in English, Spoken Ukrainian and Ukrainian Sign Language
by: Olena Zuyenko and Oleh Duminets, Teachers from the Lviv School of the Deaf
Tuesday, April 10 at 7:00pm
St John's Cultural Centre, 10611-110 Street, Edmonton
In 2012 the Alberta School for the Deaf in Edmonton was twinned with the Lviv School of the Deaf. Two guest teachers from the Lviv School of the Deaf will be speaking to the Ukrainian community in Edmonton on April 10 . Our visitors will make a slide presentation about their school in Lviv and talk about their planned learning experience in Edmonton. Alberta School for the Deaf uses sign language to teach while Lviv use oral lip-reading techniques.
They will comment on issues such as: How do they teach in Lviv? What results do they get? What experiments are underway? How can Alberta contribute and benefit from this Lviv-Edmonton school and teacher exchange?
Everyone is Welcome!
Further information available from URDC - call Larisa at 780.497 5494
AUDA Summer Employment Opportunity
AUDA Summer Youth Coordinator
Term: 37.5 hours per week, May 7 to August 31, 2012
Wage: $16 per hour
Deadline: Friday, April 16, 2012 at 5:00 pm
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alberta Ukrainian Dance Association (AUDA) was founded in 1983 to help service the needs of the Ukrainian Dance Community. With its inception, the association had the following objectives in mind: to serve as a liaison in the Ukrainian Dance Community, to respond to requests for assistance from dance groups and instructors, to promote Ukrainian heritage, to give advice to Ukrainian dance groups in Alberta, to help provide information through conferences and workshops, and to collect and distribute information on Ukrainian dance.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Summer Youth Program Coordinator will be responsible for planning and implementing activities related to the Altanets' Summer Dance Camp Program.
Specific job duties include but are not limited to:
* General Management of the Altanets' Summer Dance Camp Series
* Personnel management and direct supervision of counselors, facilitators, instructors, and campers
* Maintain the inflow and outflow of correspondence and registration material, and act as a liaison between participants, parents, sub-contractors, and the Board
* Plan and implement activities, produce a resource booklet for youth participants, and explore and plan a wide-range of activities such as sports, crafts, songs, games, and nature exploration
* Maintain and further develop AUDA's dance-related resources which includes on-line information about Alberta's Ukrainian dance festivals (dates, locations), employment opportunities, information on costuming and music, and Ukrainian dance camps.
Requirements and Assets
* Currently enrolled in a post secondary institution with intention of returning in September. An administrative, education or child-care background an asset.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Knowledge of Ukrainian language, dance community, and culture is desirable
* A mature attitude and ability to work independently in a collaborative environment
* Experience in marketing, volunteer management, or community engagement a definite asset
* Applicant must have access to a vehicle
* CPR & First Aid Certificate an asset, but not required
Interested candidates can submit an application in confidence to email@example.com. Cover letters should not exceed two pages, and should include a brief description of the applicant's knowledge of AUDA and how they meet the Requirements and Assets.
LATE, MAILED, OR FAXED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
**PLEASE NOTE: This position is posted pending available public funding. Under the terms and conditions of this funding, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria: between 15 and 30 years of age by the position's start date, registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year, intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year, is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program, is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students not eligible), and is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
SUMMER ARTS CAMPS FOR KIDS - ART BY LARISA
|IHOR KOHAYKEVYCH. A Realtor You Can Trust|